Sunday, April 22, 2007

The home stretch

The threat advisory is orange. 6 days left.

This is the edging yesterday. I've knit 4 rows since then. Out of 50. And then the crochet cast-off. And blocking. And...

Doesn't it look pleasant and unassuming and pure-white innocent? It is not. It is the shawl of my downfall. It mocks me when I put it down, it taunts me as I knit it "38 more rows?" it sneers, "you'll never do it."

I can't tell you how tough it is to knit this much white lace. Think it's tough to keep seeing crumpled-up pictures of it? Imagine staring at it for hours on end. Hours and hours and lots more hours.

Want something else to look at? Me too. So I went and got my shoes for the wedding.


They were kind of expensive, but fabulous. And sparkley. Now back to the white shawl.

No comments: