Saturday, June 23, 2007

Binge

A little while ago I showed you the lovely Debbie Bliss Cashmere Cotton that I got on sale at a litlle yarn shop in Broad Ripple. The ladies in the shop (nice ladies) are retiring, and the shop is going out of business. Therefore, there is a pretty ridiculous amount of yarn marked half or more off in the shop. I have known about this for upwards of a month, and have been responsibly and rationally waiting to the last week for a couple of reasons:

1. When you mark knitting down by half, a lot of the good stuff goes fast. I figure if all the things I want are gone, I will have little trouble controlling myself when I come to pick up the last dregs. (You have no idea how easily I can pass up novelty yarn--it's simply not my style.)

2. I was going to save and budget so that I didn't get out of control. I have discussed before that I don't have a lot of stash room, and therefore set myself a limit of only $40.


Now. Here's what really happened.

First, two balls of Regia sock yarn. Responsible, hard working, self-striping sock yarn. A completely economical purchase at half off.

Then, there was the Louisa Harding Kashimir DK. Simple black. This is for a gift which I have been planning to make, and will not reveal at this time. But here: look at how nice.

70% off! Couldn't be passed up. I still feel at this point that I was behaving in an entirely reasonable manner.

Then came the artful yarns jazz. It called to me. From afar. Sang out my name. I accept no responsibility.


I bought four. Half off, though. This is when I told myself to stop.



But I did not stop. Two cubbies down something else was calling to me. The Malabrigo.

I was powerless to resist. (The colorway? Dusty Olive. Gorgeous) I was down for the count. I had to get out, so I made my way to the cash register and waited in line...


Next to the Debbie Bliss. The chocolate colored merino DK came home with me.

That is it. And, honestly, I'm pretty sure it could have been much worse. There was a whole shelf of Noro I managed to avoid. And a lot of that Malabrigo's siblings who wanted to be mine as well. Oh, and some heavier weight sock yarn. And...



Hey. Let's just look at my summer top. And think no more on the yarn that might have been.

No comments: