Monday, March 26, 2007

Progress



I dry blocked the shawl to help me decide how many pattern repeats I would need. At just under 8 pattern repeats it is 28 1/2 inches long and 45 inches wide. I had planned 10 repeats which according to my estimation will give me about a 40 inch by 60 inch shawl without edging. I think I might need to add on a half repeat (since the repeat is a diamond, only doing a half repeat will finish the triangles at the top of the flat edge) which will give me about 65 inches across, which I think is a good length.

Shawl countdown: 32 days

Percentage of body completed: 60

Panic level: still guarded. I think progress is going well, despite the fact that I'm considering adding to the pattern to some 22 rows (that's 6000 extra stitches at the top of the shawl.) I'm going to dry block the shawl again when I reach the original endpoint and reassess both the pattern and the panic level at that time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow so pretty! i'm very impressed. :)