Tuesday, January 09, 2007

So sorry

My new year's resolution? Not to leave my blog-readers postless for a month and a half.

I apologize.

There was vacation, there were holidays, there was a crazy amount of knitting. Dear readers, I've been in five states, and nine cities since we last spoke.

There were two projects in particular of which I took photographs for you:


The jamesy! This was a Christmas present for my dad, and it's a very good thing that he is not the same size as me. I tried it on and the sleeves went a good 6 inches past my fingertips.

This led to a frantic moment where I actually tried to blow dry the sweater to get the sleeves to shrink a bit. It didn't work, but luckily it didn't need to.

Here's a detail shot.
I'm pretty proud of having learned a sideways stitch.


I also finished the stubborn socks. These, too, recieved a major blocking to sort out where I let the fair isle pucker a bit.

I've knit two and a half pairs of socks in the meantime...but they're plain old ribbed socks which I didn't bother to take pictures of.

Here's something I did take a picture of.

Congratulations to Sarah and John, whose wedding I photographed last week.

(I'd also like to draw your attention to the difference in quality between this picture and the ones I take of my knitting. I can be a good photographer when I want to be.)
Tomorrow:
Double knitting, and my love hate relationship with it.

No comments: