Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Lies, Damn Lies and WIP

The herringbone cardi has made negative progress after a good back frogging. This was due to user error. I should take this opportunity to point out that one of the drawbacks of designing a project yourself is that you have absolutely no one to blame. When a piece of your project is shaped in a way no sweater ought to be shaped you can't pore over the directions and say, "Well, I was following them right! Look how this idiot wrote this out! Who expects me to be able to follow instructions like these?"
No. That's a lie. I did say that. Except, I was reading my own handwriting, thus the wringing of hands and gnashing of teeth was, in the end, all for naught. Crap.

Anyway, progress continues afresh, I am now at row 42 of the pattern. Let's see if I can do a better job on instructions.


Oh hey, did you forget about MS3? No? Well...um. I kind of did.
No. That's also a lie (I guess I'm kind of a liar today. Excuse me, I feel bad. [Nah, I don't...Damn! There goes again.]) I didn't forget. I just, you know, stuck it in the stash basket next to the armchair and did other things for a while. The herringbone cardigan has a tight grip on me. I can do little until I can wrest the idea of it from my mind and put it down in good, solid wool. Also, I don't have a printer at my house, and I haven't printed out the next clue yet. I'm a little behind. I'll catch up.

(That's not a lie. It's not lying if you're telling it to yourself, too.)

No comments: