Sunday, July 29, 2007

Something New...

I got my Ravelry invite on Thursday, and spent the entire day on the floor of my living room organizing my stash, my projects, and my photos. I ended up, based on the advice of ravelers, frogging my $1.50 cardigan, in hopes of designing something a little more fitting.
Friday I sat down with a ball of yarn, size 4 circs, and a pad of graph paper. It's Sunday night, and I've finally come out of a pretty severe knitting kick with two cardigan fronts, and the first 5" of the cardigan back. It's a fitted cardigan, with slipped stitch rows in a herringbone pattern.


This photo gives you a better idea of the cardigan's shape. It's quite a bit smaller than I want it to be at the moment, but the knitted gauge and blocked gauge are very different, and I'm hoping pretty hard the gauge swatch I'm relying on holds true.

No comments: