Friday, July 20, 2007

An hour and a half

...until the Deathly Hallows. I've been careful to read only the safest, spoiler free speculation

I have, from about the third or fourth volume thought one particular thing about how the series will end, and I will find out in a few hours if I am right. It has to do with Ron.

Ron, who is the younger brother of a Quidditch captain, two head boys, and two of the most eminently entertaining characters, and most successful businessmen in the series. Ron, who is the best friend of "The Boy Who Lived" and "The Chosen One." And whose other best friend and love interest is "the best witch in her year". Ron, whose little sister, even, is more popular and a better Quiddich player.

Ron, who saw himself in the mirror of Erised alone and best of all his siblings and competitors. Who has never been best or first or "chosen" or the hero.

I think in the final book Ron will get his opportunity to be a hero. But I think it might cost him.

Of course, this is all idle speculation. I also think Snape was acting on Dumbledore's orders, Malfoy doesn't have the proper stuff to be a real Death Eater, Neville and Bellatrix will go wand-to-wand, and I want to believe Harry is not a horcrux, but i'm not entirely convinced.

No comments: