Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Problems

...with the computer are keeping me from doing what I want to blog-wise. I'm hoping to be fully operational by the end of the week, but I may be able to limp along with a knitting related blog post tomorrow or Thursday.

In the meantime, I'll show you what I did last week while I wasn't knitting

This is my Lilac & Lace skirt, which is up on my Etsy.

I have a long circle skirt with a tie, which I love. This version is too short for me (the skirt measures about 14" to the cotton hem, 17" to the lace edge) but I think it is terribly adorable

The lace detailing was pretty tough, though. I had to cut it from a longer bolt of lace, which took some time. Then I put the seams right along the lace edge--a meandering seam rather than a straight, quick one. But I think without those little details this wouldn't be a very nice skirt.

No comments: