Sunday, September 30, 2007

New things!

So I'm still working on the written version of my top-down hat pattern. It's easy enough, but I never write down patterns, I just kind of make things up as I go. Therefore I need to get a couple more things together.

I want to say I'll have it tomorrow, but it's possible that's a dirty lie ant I won't post anything for another week. So, just know it'll most likely be in my next post, whenever that should happen to be.

In the meantime, I've got a new lace project:
This is the start of the Luna Moth Shawl. I've needed a new piece of lace ever since I frogged the MS3 (I have a thing about symmetry, the wing was too much), and I think this pattern will serve beautifully. This is the same yarn salvaged from my first, ill-fated knitalong--Jaagerspun Zephyr a silk/wool blend.

And so that we can have Tuesdays are for spinning again, I ordered some roving from Smoky Mountain Fibers. It came, kind of unexpectedly, but very pleasantly on Tuesday evening:

Shown here is my new roving in "Landscape"

Here, I think a close up is in order:


Gorgeous? Yes, I agree. I also got some plain, undyed roving, to try my hand at dyeing.


Look for more adventures with that in the next couple of weeks. I promise you it will be entertaining, either as I succeed by sheer luck, or fail by my own design.

No comments: