Friday, October 13, 2006

Friday Night Update

There is a drum circle (no, really) going on downstairs. Also, I think they may be playing a didgeridoo. The people downstairs run a shop called the Mystick Gypsy. They sell...tea. And hold drum circles on Friday nights.

This has distracted me quite a bit, and I have not made the desired level of progress on this



The picture is horrible, blame the drums. But the sweater, the sweater isn't horrible at all. This is the final sleeve of a cabled bit of business that I'm looking foward to completing and wearing out of doors in defiance of the weather. With any luck (read: if, as I'm expecting, I ignore all the things I am planning to do this weekend like paying bills and doing work) I'll be done with the sleeve tomorrow, and will be ready for the sewing up.

Meanwhile, sitting forlornly in a corner near my bed is the Swallowtail Shawl


Which, as a Yule present, does not yet benefit from the sense of urgency that has pushed its woollier WIP brethren to the front of the stash. Never fear, Swallowtail Shawl, I still love you and your cashmere/alpaca softness.

You might wonder, but even if not, I'm going to tell you that the Swallowtail Shawl is being knit larger than the published version. I am using a sport-weight yarn instead of the finer yarn suggested by the pattern. It is my first knitting cashmere(blend) and I am loathe to part with it.

But let us be honest: I have little use for shawls. I need sweaters.

No comments: