Friday, October 20, 2006

Interpretation on a theme

Today is Friday, and I'm going to admit, it's been a bit of a tough week. Late nights, early morninngs and all that. But Fridays are different. On Fridays I get to go home early, and sleep late.

In celebration of this fact, I spent the afternoon finishing the swallowtail shawl:
I did not order more yarn, and I did not have enough at all. So this is...a modified swallowtail shawl. An interpretation, if you will. I still find it beautiful, and I actually enjoy the simplicity of it, without the last two charts of lace.

And because one good turn deserves another, I made myself some brownies with peanut butter swirl.
As pleased as I am with the shawl, it was cast aside in my mind immediately when I saw this. I now desire nothing but miles upon miles of fine, white, laceweight wool.

No comments: